Get to know Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon, Paul Anain, who serves the population of Upstate New York.
Speciality: Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
College: Canisius College
Medical School: University of Buffalo Medical School
Hospital Affiliation: Catholic Health System; Sisters of Charity Hospital, Kenmore Mercy Hospital and St Joseph’s Campus.
Education: Dr. Anain completed his undergraduate degree from Canisius College. He then attended the University of Buffalo Medical School, where he graduated with his Medical Degree, giving him almost two decades of experience in his field.
Experience: After medical school, he went on to complete his general surgery residency at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation and vascular surgery at the University of Buffalo. Driven to further his knowledge, he continued on to UCLA for endovascular surgery. Dr. Anain has participated in multiple national studies on endovascular aortic aneurysm repair and has numerous publications on vascular and endovascular care.
Current Position: Dr. Anain returned to Buffalo in 1999 and started his practice with his father, Joseph Anain, Sr. also a vascular surgeon. As part of Vascular and Endovascular Center of Western New York and Vein Associates, he works with His partners, Dr.’s Joseph Anain Sr, Roger Walcott, Aimee Swartz and Gregory Clabeaux.. He has been chairman of vascular surgery at Sisters of Charity Hospital since 2002 and is currently the medical director of the vascular services line, Chief of Vascular Surgery for the Catholic Health System, and program director of the Vascular Fellowship.
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery: Dr. Anain performs a full range of vascular and endovascular procedures, including:
- Endovascular or open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms, thoracic aortic aneurysms, and thoracoabdominal aneurysms, including fenestrated and branched stent grafts
- Open surgical reconstructions and balloon angioplasty and stenting in all vascular areas
- Carotid endarterectomy and carotid artery stenting
- Bypass surgery and endovascular therapy for peripheral artery disease and gangrene of the limbs
- Endovascular and open surgical treatment for peripheral artery aneurysms
- Endovascular surgical intervention, such as angioplasty and stenting, in all vascular areas
- Endovenous laser therapy treatment, radiofrequency ablation or subfascial endoscopic perforator surgery for varicose veins and venous ulcers
- Endovascular and open surgical reconstruction for deep vein occlusions
- Hemodialysis access
- Treatment of vascular malformations, median arcuate ligament and nutcracker syndromes, lymphedema, and chylous effusions
Learn More about Dr. Paul M. Anain, MD:
His profile with Venous Associates https://vecwny.com/, he can be contacted at (716) 837-2400, and is located in Buffalo, New York