Robert Griggs, DMD, Dentist with Old Bridge Dental

Get to know Dentist Dr. Robert Griggs, who serves patients in Old Bridge, New Jersey.

Dr. Griggs is an experienced dentist and owner of Old Bridge Dental in Old Bridge, New Jersey. One of the things that he and the Old Bridge Dental staff feel compelled to do is to bring smiles to people’s faces. 85% of the care they provide is preventive and maintenance – such as cleanings, fillings, and caring for broken teeth or broken fillings. The other 15% are larger more complex dentistry cases, which require more of a time commitment. This includes complex rehabilitations cases and cosmetic dentistry. “Some of our patients have been a part of Old Bridge Dental® since their first visit to the dentist. And it’s great to share life with them. It feels great to know they trust us and keep coming back” said Dr. Griggs.

Dr. Griggs thought dentistry was “pretty cool stuff” as early as the 6th grade. His childhood dentist allowed him to do some job shadowing, and he began to think about it as a career. At first, he pursued a 2-year certification in dental lab technology, learning to make crowns and dentures. He did so well in that program that he decided to take the leap and go back to college to pursue his real passion.

After just three years as an undergraduate student, Dr. Griggs applied to several dental schools and was accepted into them all. He chose UMDMJ, currently the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine, where he graduated with his Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry degree in 1987.

Dr. Griggs goes the extra mile to keep fresh and current in his field by exceeding the number of continuing education courses required for his license. He also serves as Co-Founder / Director of the Forum for Advanced Dental Studies – a lecture series that draws about 40 dentists throughout the year. He and other experts in the field speak on topics including new techniques and products in dentistry, treatment philosophy, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

Some of Dr. Griggs other educational endeavors include leading team training with the Old Bridge Dental staff, training in the ever-evolving field of implant technology, annually attending the Conferences for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Chicago, as well as extensively studying Pete Dawson’s work – the authority in TMJ and occlusion.

Dentistry, also known as Dental and Oral Medicine, is a branch of medicine that consists of the study, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, disorders, and conditions of the oral cavity. As a dentist, Dr. Griggs is responsible for diagnosing oral diseases, as well as promoting oral health and disease prevention. “The most fulfilling part of my dental practice is giving people new smiles. Through that, we change their lives and improve careers. The appreciation from some of our patients is overwhelming” said Dr. Griggs.

Dr. Griggs is a certified Invisalign® provider. Invisalign is a type of orthodontic treatment that helps to straighten teeth without the use of the typical metal braces.

Dr. Griggs is a husband and father to three children. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family, going to baseball games and other family outings. He and his wife love to get away when they can, and sailing is a passion they share.

Learn More about Dr. Robert Griggs:
Through his findatopdoc profile, or through Old Bridge Dental,

FindaTopDoc is a digital health information company that helps connect patients with local physicians and specialists who accept your insurance. Our goal is to help guide on your journey towards optimal health by providing you with the know how to make informed decisions for you and your family.

Karen Johnson

Karen Johnson is an Associate Content manager for FindaTopDoc and responsible for working with distinguished physicians in documenting their significant accomplishments in their field. Karen is a CPR instructor and is a member of her local theater group.